Development in the 21st century demands access to information – farmers need to connect to new markets, entrepreneurs need to find capital to start businesses, health workers need access to research to provide up to date care to patients. What these groups have in common is a need for information and public Read more…
I report on a trip where I volunteered for two organizations: SEEDS (Sustainable Econ. and Edu. Development Society) and Pratham USA. I thank Intel Corp. for partially supporting my participation and paper presentation at the International Symposium on Electronic System Design (ISED) conference mentioned below.
Project Topics covered are:
- Berhampur Public Library site
- Phailin project in Rangailunda block/Garampeta
- Two Bolangir villages where Pratham work is on-going (no direct support of SEEDS)
- Kalinga Ashram for tribal orphan boys (no direct support of SEEDS)
- ISED-2013 conference in Singapore
- SEEDS scholarships for needy, meritorious post-secondary students from cyclone/flood-affected regions
Click a picture to see a larger view.
Following are some of the additional proposals and projects needing our support. Please pledge your donation and/or volunteering time to support these. Thanks! Completed recently: Early Relief Flood response and proposal Still Ongoing: Original report & proposal on Livelihood Support Programme in Ganjam -CoSA One-village project supported by SEEDS currently Read more…
Aamara Biswas Women Helping Women Through Nano Finance Institution Joyasree (Ranu) Mahanti August, 2008 1. Introduction After 10 years of working closely with the people of Orissa (in both rural and urban areas, eastern and western parts),listening carefully to the women in need, traveling to rural villages, seeing the living Read more…